Please Help with Kitchen Cabinet Choice

dcnchuckFebruary 13, 2013

I have been looking at cabinets to replace my old cabinets in my kitchen. I have decided on a shaker panel in Cherry. Two cabinet companies have different but acceptable finishes. Kountry Wood Products has a cider Cherry finish while Kabinart has the panel in a coffee glaze.On both I have upgraded to full overlay, wood boxes, and slow close doors. To finish my research I went into finding consumer reviews. I have had no luck finding any sufficient reviews of either one of these companies. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these companies? What little I have read is not positive. I was especially disappointed when it appears they are not good at backing up their warranty. If these don't work then I think I will need to go up another level. I have looked at Dynasty by Omega. They are nice cabinets, but it's a few grand more that I'd rather not spend if possible. I am looking foward to and thank all of you for your feedback.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GreenDesigns

There is no comparison between those brands and Dynasty. The construction and finish is a huge difference. Huge. As well as the much expanded finishing choices. All of those "upgrades" are standard for Dyasty. Plus you get a furniture quality finish. If you are going to live in the house for any length of time, it's worth having the better quality.

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 7:50AM
More Discussions
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Is glazing stained cabinets going out of style?
It seems like glazing white or cream cabinets is already...
nerdyhousewife
Freaky photo issue!
I just tried to start a new thread and attempted to...
debrak_2008
Cabinet coat for office
I am painting over dark stained builtins in our home...
erinnicole
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™