looking for a motor cycle camper

tinyladyMarch 11, 2008

My husband likes to go for long rides, like to south dakota, and he was interested in getting a tow a long camper for the bike. Does anyone know where I can get a used one?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

Try the classified ads in your local newspaper; Also, look at the specialty car-truck-boat for-sale publications found at gas stations, restuarants, and magazine racks.

Advertisements for motorcycle trailers may be found in motorcycle enthuasists magazines. Two such publications that come to mind are "Motorcyclist" and "Motorcycle Consumer News". The ads in magazines will be for new products, but you can garner ideas about what will fit your needs and best of all, once in while, these magazines will test trailer rigs and report on their likes and dislikes.

One thing to investigate is side-car versus trailer for handling and emergency stopping.

Maybe you can seach on-line and find a digital copies of past articles written by these magazines.

One time I saw a smaller road bike pulling a canoe through Jackson Hole, Wyoming. LOL. He used the canoe to hold his cargo. (The cargo was amply secured!) He had to keep in mind how long his combined vehicle was when passing through intersections.

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 12:28AM
More Discussions
Chinese Scooters
Has anyone owned one? I am looking for a 150cc to 250cc...
mister_h
Honda Hawk CB400 carb question
Hello, I'm not sure how active this forum is but I...
indy452
Backfiring
I have a Honda Shadow 1100cc that the battery went...
kentuck_8b
Are you OLD enough?
Anyone here old enough to remember the Indian Papoose? In...
grittymitts
Rocket 150cc chinese scooter
Is there such a thing as a useable manual for this...
bones210
Sponsored Products
Crystal Handle Chrome Widespread Bathroom Faucet
Overstock.com
George Kovacs 39 1/2" Wide ADA Compliant Bathroom Light
Euro Style Lighting
Micro Suede Clare Tufted Bench
Cost Plus World Market
Padma's Plantation Outdoor Stone Stack Chat Table Base
Beyond Stores
Edith Lounge Chair
$649.99 | Dot & Bo
Chatham Headboard
Grandin Road
Justice Design Group WGL-8922 - Modular 2 Light Bath Bar - Oval Shade - Matte Bl
$290.00 | Hayneedle
Hughes Leather Corner Sectional (3 piece) - Brighton Parrot Red
Joybird Furniture
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™