What was your wedding song?

plasticgardenOctober 24, 2007

I apologize if there is already a thread for this.I also am not trying to copy the thread about love songs.I'm just curious if anyone wants to share what your wedding song was.And if there is a special story behind why you chose it?

Mine was,"Everything I do I do it for you" Bryan Adams.

It wasnt a song that was special to my husband and I by any means though.The kind of music we like (he likes heavy metal,I prefer new wave and eighties) we didnt think our guests would like! We couldnt agree on one single song to be our wedding song! My cousin suggested the Bryan Adams one,and since I liked The Robin Hood movie with kevin costner that is what we picked.

Not very romantic I know.If I could have a new song I'd pick "YOUR STILL THE ONE" by Shania Twain.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheerful1_gw

Ours was "The Look of Love". When we were married 30 years ago, it was a song featured on a soap opera that I watched all the time.

Bookmark   October 24, 2007 at 6:56AM
pickyshopper

Our wedding song was Time in a Bottle, by the late Jim Crocé.

Bookmark   October 24, 2007 at 6:30PM
carla35

Knowing my husband's taste in music, I knew he wouldn't generally be listening to the same sappy love songs or even remember which sappy song was ours no matter how much I liked it... so I surprised him with Led Zepplin's "All My Love" as our song. At least he remembers it! I must say though, that the song really did stand out; we had a big band who wore tuxes and played more traditional music so I think he really appreciated something different that he liked.

I never did really know if the lyrics were fitting, though. They seemed to be, and I doubt now my husband would tell me otherwise. Can any fans explain the lyrics so I know for sure?

Here is a link that might be useful: All My Love

Bookmark   October 24, 2007 at 6:55PM
plasticgarden

That is a great story carla35! I tried to do the same,but it was kinda hard with the likes of Metallica,LOL.

I read the lyrics to ALL OF MY LOVE (which is a great song)
although I'm not a huge fan and claim to know what it means,I'll give it a whirl.
I think he saying,You keep your love ALIVE.That although sometimes your love starts to fade,it always comes back.
And he always gives all of his love to you.
LOL,how is that? :)

Bookmark   October 25, 2007 at 2:21AM
carla35

Sounds good to me... I guess then it would fit as a good wedding song... I'm just glad it didn't mean he was going to run away with some young chick and leave me alone in our golden years - LOL.

Bookmark   October 25, 2007 at 9:29AM
emmhip

Our song was "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison. We couldn't decide on a song, so on our wedding RSVP cards we asked guests to dedicate a song to us, and this was one of the ones we liked the best.

Bookmark   October 25, 2007 at 12:44PM
plasticgarden

That is a cool idea emmhip!

Carla35,I think you're safe.I dont think that is what it means at all.:)

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 1:31AM
amyfiddler

Didn't have one - or if we did, the awful band messed it up so bad that I've blacked it out -

"Our song" has always been Let's Get it On, but obviously we didn't have that one played at the wedding. Everytime I hear that "Wa Wa Wa WAH" opener i think of my DH LOL

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 12:11AM
micke

Mine was "Everything I do I do it for you" as well. I adore Led Zepplin, that is my all time favorite band from the time I was a Junior High student. As far as the meanings to the lyrics, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones wrote that one, it is a tribute to Robert Plants son who passed away from a stomach virus in the mid 70's, I am thinking he was around 5 years of age.

Bookmark   October 29, 2007 at 8:02PM
plasticgarden

Thanks for shedding the light on that Micke.That is sad! Still,a very lovely song.
I think alot of people probably have "Everything I do (I do it for you)" as a wedding song. Same as probably "I wanna know what love is" by Foreigner.In fact,I should probably post that song in love songs thread.

Bookmark   October 30, 2007 at 3:58AM
firemanswife

Our song is "I Love The Way You Love Me" my John Michael Montgomery. Not only is he a fireman but also a country boy!

Bookmark   October 30, 2007 at 6:38PM
franki1962

"Here and Now" by Luther Vandross

Bookmark   October 31, 2007 at 6:49PM
Meghane

Our song is "Open Arms" by Journey. However our first dance was "Everything I do, I do it for You" by Bryan Adams. I've been married a while...

Bookmark   October 31, 2007 at 9:34PM
rosegarden3

Ours was "True Love Ways" by Buddy Holly. I'm more of an old country listener(but I do like the oldies too) and DH likes the oldies. I looked for months and asked him a few times if he had any songs he wanted he just keep saying any song you want is fine with me, he did not want much to do with the planning of the wedding. Then one day we herd it on the radio and he said hey we should have this song, I liked it, so we did.

Bookmark   November 7, 2007 at 8:32PM
More Discussions
Fight every time I have work/interview
What is the psychology behind this? We have both been...
theturtlelady
Intimacy Issues
My wife and I married at the age of 16, we were pregnant...
feedman
Scarlett's List of People to Avoid (Romantically)
Reading some of these recent posts, I'm moved to start...
scarlett2001
Viagara - Sorry long
Here's my issue a few months back my hubby (45) had...
turkeytrott
Age Difference
I posted this on the Parents Forum but it was suggested...
silversword
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™