Not sure if i am at the right forum

lucinda002November 6, 2009


I am not sure if I am posting at the correct forum...I have no idea what a "smelter" is.

We have house gutters that are totally blocked in the downspouts. They are welded gutters in one piece. How could we disconnect the downspout and the replace it? We have tried and tried to figure out ways to clean these downspouts, but nothing we have tried has worked. Any suggestions? We can't afford a new gutter system.

If I have posted in the wrong place, please tell me where I should post. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You could cut the downspout below the weld
(about 6-8 inches) with a tin snips. Drill a starter hole first and it should be easy.Then crimp the upper piece with a metal crimper available at most home inprovement stores(heating and ductwork sections).
Then when you are done slide the piece up and run a screw or 2 into the joint to secure it. This is what we do in the sheetmetal trade.

    Bookmark   November 7, 2009 at 6:41PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
metal compatibility
I have a built in gutter on my gable roof. The gutter...
Laser cut blanks
Hello, Looking for place where one can order some laser...
DIY copper countertop #2
Since the last thread on this topic has reached capacity,...
Yard Art
I don't like to toot my own horn. Just wanted to post...
change bolt lock on inside of door but not out?historical sort of
Hi. We bought an old house and are changing all of...
Bridget Helm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™