SW Sea Salt and Rainwashed in Benjamin Moore

sankaty_91January 6, 2014

My painter will only use BM paint. I am thinking of using either SW Sea Salt or Rainwashed in my Laundry Room. Does anyone know a BM color for these?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AboutToGetDusty

Try BM Beach Glass or BM Healing Aloe.

Bookmark   January 6, 2014 at 8:07PM
karen.iz

When I get my paint at SW, I just tell them the name of the Benjamin Moore color I want. They have it all computerized, and can make the exact color. I'm sure Benjamin Moore must have the same option. At the very least, you should be able to bring in the paint swatch from SW and they can color match it.

Bookmark   January 6, 2014 at 10:02PM
zuponcic

I tried that recently (color matching). Not even remotely close. The bases are all different and the final result is always different. I took BM italiano Rose to SW and although the color was actually prettier than the BM, it was completely, but completely different. I had the two cans side by side and you'd have to be color blind to think they were the same.

Bookmark   January 6, 2014 at 11:49PM
Annie Deighnaugh

For Sea Salt, try bm gray cashmere, cool breeze or night mist.

For Rainwashed, try bm silver marlin, quiet moments or woodlawn blue

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 8:10AM
sankaty_91

Thanks for your suggestions. I went to the Sherwin Williams store today and got paint chips. I'm leaning towards the Rainwashed since I would like more teal in the color. I'm bringing it to the Benjamin Moore store tomorrow to see if they may be able to match and mix a sample.

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 7:06PM
mzdee

I just painted my kitchen with BM paint. The final product is lovely. I used Regal in a pearl finish. However, I am no wowed by BM paint. I like SW and Behr with the primer. All this to ask, if you're paying the painter, why does he/she get to select the paint brand? Just curious.

Bookmark   January 11, 2014 at 10:49PM
sankaty_91

mzdee - excellent question! This project is happening at my seasonal home in an isolated area. The local store only sells BM and Farrow and Ball. My painter doesn't like using Farrow and Ball.
I decided to use a BM color from the Affinity line - Crystalline. It is a close match to SW Rainwashed and I was happy with the sample I painted.
Thanks for your comments.

Bookmark   January 12, 2014 at 8:35AM
forboystoo

Different paints apply differently.
Letting the painter use the paint he is most familiar with will net a better result.

Bookmark   January 12, 2014 at 9:04AM
More Discussions
Help coordinating an antique chandelier ?
\\Hello all! I'm working on lighting now...:) I have...
eesmerelda
Do you have a blog?
Not sure what the houzz rules are (snicker at myself...
the_foxes_pad
Dining room chandelier selection, please help!
Hi everyone, I need to pull my dining room together...
aboxofcrayons
Help me style my living room!
I have no idea what to pair with this tan couch. I...
homestyles2
Unique Craftsman trim & wainscotting Examples, Info, Opinions
I am looking for examples of unique craftsman and/or...
Corbin Dodge
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™