Question for Megapea. Welding wire source too

gooseberry_guyOctober 19, 2004

Hey Megapea,

How's that new welder doing for ya? Are ya still burning holes that ya need to patch?

I was looking through the website I posted for the FAQ's on welding, brazing, and soldering, and I noticed a thin gauge, flux core welding wire called: Twenty Gauge. It's supposed to be great for sheet metal up to 28 gauge. The info page that comes up for it looks real impressive.

GG

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
megapea

I'm getting better. I did a muffler on my car with tail pipes, and while it's not perfect, I did pretty good. I will also look up that web site and see what else I can learn. Thanks so much for checking in! I'll post again when I complete my next project.

Bookmark   October 28, 2004 at 8:48AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DNT1

I bought a 220 volt Lincoln 135 Mig welder a couple of years back, it is one of the best additions I ever made to my home shop I use it just about every week for something. I have a old Murray mower 1985 model that the mowing bed has more welded patches than original metal. Really comes in handy on the old mustang convertible body work, that is what I originally bought it for. I use the .023 mild steel wire roll and 75/25 shielding gas.

Bookmark   November 3, 2004 at 5:56PM
More Discussions
Working with metal is fun!
I want to encourage people taking on jobs or trades...
Konrad___far_north
Laser cut blanks
Hello, Looking for place where one can order some laser...
allN
Painting Galvanized Metal
What's the best way to paint galvanized metal(exterior)?...
vic99
Help - Cast Aluminum furniture cracks (Pic)
Hi, (Cross posted originally on decor forum and posting...
homey_bird
Bumper or pad for Gate Slamming?
Hi, I have a metal gate that has closed/slammed so...
akarinz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™