I want to learn welding

rockybirdOctober 16, 2013

I want to learn how to weld for fun. How does one learn how to weld? Mostly, I want to learn to weld to make some art stuff, including an eclectic fountain and bird feeders. Are there private lessons? I know the colleges offer classes, but it may be hard with my job to find time. Would I be the only female in the class? I live in Phoenix if that helps.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bcarlson78248

When I lived in San Antonio one of the high schools offered a continuing education class in welding. It was taught by a shop teacher and all the classes were in the evening. We used the equipment to several types of welding, and we were able to pick our own personal project if we wanted something done at home. We didn't develop any real skill, but we learned how to use the equipment.

Bruce

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 6:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jcalhoun

There is a lot to welding from the various types of machines, metals, tools,, prep, etc to types of welding like electric arc, brazing, soldering, etc. I'd suggest finding a trade school class or instructor that you could ask a bunch of questions of before jumping into it. If you are still interested then you could pursue it.

Bookmark   October 27, 2013 at 2:14PM
More Discussions
change bolt lock on inside of door but not out?historical sort of
Hi. We bought an old house and are changing all of...
Bridget Helm
Copper sinks dont drain
I have a under mount copper sink installed in a granite...
eltrecero
Painting Galvanized Metal
What's the best way to paint galvanized metal(exterior)?...
vic99
HELP!! Patina off copper sink!
I love my copper sink with its dark patina but there...
bichonlover3
Copper deck railing system
Patio deck on our home was 4"x4" wood posts...
tridogdude
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™