Drilling new hole in SS sink

spielbassSeptember 20, 2007

I bought a 3-hole sink and now want a 4-hole. What is the tool of choice for cutting a hole in 18 gauge SS? For a home shop, is some sort of hole saw appropriate? Thanks for any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I would use one of those cone shaped step drills for the cleanest hole. SS is nasty stuff. A hole saw will probably work, but is likely to leave a ragged hole.

    Bookmark   October 8, 2007 at 12:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Go to a rental shop and ask for a chassis punch.
There are manual and hydraulic units.
Most rental places have the hydraulic units and a decent set of punches.

    Bookmark   October 20, 2007 at 1:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

What you want to do this job NEATLY is a carbide tipped cutter. see...http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_27_40028_-1_192330_192327

    Bookmark   February 5, 2008 at 11:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You need a Greenlee hole punch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hole punch

    Bookmark   February 6, 2008 at 11:35AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Copper kitchen table?
We're remodeling our kitchen and my wife is interested...
Copper bar top
I'm planning to use copper sheeting to finish my basement...
Working with metal is fun!
I want to encourage people taking on jobs or trades...
Yard Art
I don't like to toot my own horn. Just wanted to post...
I have an abundance of used steel Montana horseshoes...
Sponsored Products
Green Stick Immersion Blender
$21.99 | zulily
Santa Cruz Pool Float
$149.00 | FRONTGATE
TeakGuard Super Cleaner - 8 oz.
Signature Hardware
Safavieh Area Rug: Anatolia Ivory 6' x 6' Round
Home Depot
Terrazza Portico Round Outdoor Dining Table
Grandin Road
Parchment Check Cookie Jar
$54.00 | Horchow
New Oriental Hand Knotted Kazak Runner 3' X 12' Deep Red Persian Wool Rug H3357
BH Sun Inc
Glam Brown GLA05 Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$288.15 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™