A week away... ANXIETY!!!

dntutleyFebruary 23, 2013

Well, after months of planning and waiting we are only a week away from our DEMO start. I will be posting before pics soon.

This has been a long process that started the wrong way. We thought all we wanted was new flooring in the kitchen. After that was done....... we decided we wanted to just redo everything. We are moving laundry, removing walls and moving a half bath in addition to the kitchen remodel.

Thanks for all the help GW's. I had a lot of opinions on a lot of things and a ton of help. I never did post final countertop/cabinet/flooring/backsplash so I will just post pics of the process.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedles

Sounds exciting! Do post pics, those are always fun to see. Looking forward to when I'm in your shoes. :)

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 3:10AM
davidahn

I feel you... we started out saying we just needed to take down two walls... then we pushed into a bedroom closet for a wet bar/beverage center, then removed structural columns that necessitated 2 massive beams and new columns downstairs, furring out two walls, pouring new footings in the foundation... Haha everyone knows you have to draw the line somewhere, but it's hard to know WHERE.

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 3:56AM
kgolby

Totally understand how you are feeling. Our kitchen remodel started with talking about a new kitchen faucet & sink. Now it's turned into an entirely new kitchen - everything goes. We aren't changing the layout but we are cutting down our island bar from an upper bar to one level. It's is scary - are you making a good choice, etc... Good luck & post before & after pictures.

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 8:23AM
beachlily z9a

My kitchen demo is about 2 weeks away. I totally understand the anxiety. I'm so worried about how I can cook during that approx. 3 week period. Oh my!

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 8:55AM
drbeanie2000

Take lots of pictures, every day! I'm glad you're starting with "before" pictures - I did not take enough of them because the kitchen was an awful mess and I just hated it. You will love looking at "before" and "during" photos when you have your new kitchen. Also, over time, you will forget what your current kitchen looks like. Honest!

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 4:47PM
More Discussions
what metal finish with a Chambers stove?
I'm planning a kitchen remodel. I already have my white...
mccb1
Kitchen sink: Help me find the right one!
This should not be as hard as signing in and finding...
Alma Williams
Week 44: Spring, spring, SPring, SPRING dreams!
I am having spring fever. I can't wait until it's...
CEFreeman_GW
Large cove moulding?
I am looking for large cove moulding. I can't find...
brodyt
Is it okay to rave about Executive cabinets?
We have been living in our new house for about 8 months....
david_cary
Sponsored Products
Two-in-One Prep Knife
$6.99 | zulily
Charthouse´┐Ż Aged Bronze Energy Star Outdoor Ceiling Fan Body
$259.00 | Bellacor
Indoor Area Rug: Masterton Brown/Tan 7' 9" x 10' 6"
Home Depot
Ryder Leather Sofa - Brighton Soul White White
Joybird Furniture
Indoor Area Rug: Avani Dark Green 5' x 7' 6"
Home Depot