Carbide tool bit inserts

bus_driverJuly 31, 2006

I bought a set of 5 tool bits from Harbor Freight- some call them Horrible Fright. My tool bits all use triangular inserts and are held in place with a screw that fits into a countersunk, through, hole in the center of the insert. HF does not offer inserts alone, as best I can determine. I have some TNMM-332 inserts which are close enough sized to work, but the hole diameter in the TNMM inserts is a bit too small for the screw and the TNMM is not countersunk. As far as I know, I have no way to drill the carbide hole larger. The HF inserts have no ID at all on them. Where can I find inserts for my bits?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Look in "Machinerie's Handbook".
They used to have the complete insert code in there and you can figure out what you are supposed to use.
A number of the larger insert companies also have pretty good catalogs.

    Bookmark   August 5, 2006 at 2:08PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Need help - bending a short steel pipe
Hello everyone, I need some suggestions on how to bend...
Metal/Iron Stair rail
I moved into a house last year. It is a tri-level home....
Building a snow plow pusher.
I have a large driveway to clear of snow in the winter,...
Help - Cast Aluminum furniture cracks (Pic)
Hi, (Cross posted originally on decor forum and posting...
Copper sinks dont drain
I have a under mount copper sink installed in a granite...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™