Security newspaper box

haldJune 4, 2012

I'm looking for a security newspaper box or something similar. It needs to allow the newspaper to be put in and prevent it from being taken out. I'd like to be able to mount it on my mail box post, though I'd consider other options too. I've searched the net using terms such as "security newspaper box" and "security box" but can't find anything suitable. Maybe I need different search terms. Any information would be appreciated.

It's comical in a way, of all things. But someone is stealing newspapers in my neighborhood. Not just mine, but neighbors all over the vicinity. Our carrier thinks it's another carrier taking them!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fixizin

Several evil booby traps come to mind, but one day you or your carrier might forget, SOOOoo... I'm thinking one of those simple 4 or 5 button "panel" type combo locks, on a separate mailbox. Only you and your carrier have the combo.

Not guarding the Hope Diamond, so no need to get crazy with the box construction; an off-the-shelf sheet metal mailbox should deter casual scammers.

The ultimate upgrade would a security cam, triggered either by motion (if in a idle area), or by entry of the WRONG combo. ;')

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 1:44AM
More Discussions
Place in SF Bay Area to get a metal railing made?
Looking for a recommendation for a metal shop in SF...
chaus7
Bumper or pad for Gate Slamming?
Hi, I have a metal gate that has closed/slammed so...
akarinz
Metal/Iron Stair rail
I moved into a house last year. It is a tri-level home....
harmony5002
Need basic information & resources re: stair rails
We need exterior stair rails and have just started...
lindyk
HELP!! Patina off copper sink!
I love my copper sink with its dark patina but there...
bichonlover3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™