wrought iron table base

pompeiiMarch 16, 2007

I have a nice concrete table top with tile inlay that I would like to put on my brick patio. I am having a hard time finding a base strong enough to hold such a heavy top. Well, I can find them but they cost an arm and a leg. The top is about 1.5" thick and measures about 3.5 x 6 feet or so.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to look for a plain but sturdy table base? It does not need to be decorative, just heavy duty and able to withstand the elements. Or maybe some kind of shop that could make something? TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dumaspup

There is a couple of people out your way on "my tractor forum" that might be able to help you out.

Bookmark   March 17, 2007 at 11:28AM
pompeii

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out. I guess it would help if I mention that I'm in the NE Ohio area.

Or if anyone has ideas about something that could be used as a heavy duty table base. Thanks

Bookmark   March 17, 2007 at 3:38PM
aliceinwonderland_id

Look for a local blacksmith (mostly word-of-mouth) to make you a base. I actually found one that was selling items on eBay and emailed to ask if he would do custom work. Many of them will, and enjoy the chance to work with you on a unique item.

Bookmark   March 20, 2007 at 9:41AM
More Discussions
Copper deck railing system
Patio deck on our home was 4"x4" wood posts...
tridogdude
Working with metal is fun!
I want to encourage people taking on jobs or trades...
Konrad___far_north
Problem with SCALANCE X101-1 and Cisco Switch ?
I really don't know what do this happen when i try...
Jasmine01
Need basic information & resources re: stair rails
We need exterior stair rails and have just started...
lindyk
need help identifying
Hi everybody! Just wondering if anyone out there could...
texaspinkpixie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™