Any Way to radius aluminum cladding???!!!

zariMarch 19, 2005

O.K. we're building a new house in New York with three gables in the front. We have a general contractor. The right side of the "main" gable comes straight down from the peak, but towards the bottom it bends ("up") in a 48 foot radius to create a gradual swoop, until it joins with the frontporch and garage roofs at it's bottom right. AFTER it was built, AND the roof is on, "Nameless responsible parties" realized that the aluminum cladding (channels) for the facia only comes in straight lengths. Cutting and peicing together to fit the radius will leave a series of ugly seams on this main feature of the house design. Apparently bending the cladding is not an option. Or is there a way to do it? It can't be finished in wood beause the other two gables now also must be aluminum for various reasons--long story. Does anyone have any solutions? Any help you could give would be desperately appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DNT1

A good sheet metal shop that does architectual type work can build any kind of fascia or flashing you want. Call your local Sheet Metal Workers Union (it will be listed in the phone book) and they can direct you to a professional shop in your area. Make sure you talk to the business agent or assistant business agent and try to give them a good description of what you are trying to have done.

Bookmark   March 19, 2005 at 10:52PM
zari

DNT1: Thanks for the information!

Bookmark   March 20, 2005 at 6:20AM
zari

We found Milgo industries in Brooklyn. I was told they can do it. We're in the process of "double checking".

Bookmark   March 24, 2005 at 8:54PM
More Discussions
DIY copper countertop #2
Since the last thread on this topic has reached capacity,...
cleanclassic
HELP!! Patina off copper sink!
I love my copper sink with its dark patina but there...
bichonlover3
copper roof - caulked seams instead of solder???
We recently installed a small copper roof over a porch...
alice462
Laser cut blanks
Hello, Looking for place where one can order some laser...
allN
Working with metal is fun!
I want to encourage people taking on jobs or trades...
Konrad___far_north
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™