Where can I find thin wall large diameter metal tube?

woojinMarch 15, 2007

I need thin wall, less than 1/8", metal cylinder for project I'm working on. This will be used as display case. It can either be aluminum or stainless steel. The size I'm looking for is about 10" or 12" in diameter and about 12" long. Nice finish would be nice either polished or brushed. Can anyone help me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Contact a local metal fabricator. The price for a SS tube of that diameter can be expensive. Because tubing comes in long lengths and you only want one foot. But having a fabricator roll a length of 11 gage sheet to your specifications and weld the seam might be a better route.

    Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 8:49AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
DIY copper countertop #2
Since the last thread on this topic has reached capacity,...
Copper kitchen table?
We're remodeling our kitchen and my wife is interested...
Copper sinks dont drain
I have a under mount copper sink installed in a granite...
Place in SF Bay Area to get a metal railing made?
Looking for a recommendation for a metal shop in SF...
Need basic information & resources re: stair rails
We need exterior stair rails and have just started...
Sponsored Products
Justice Design Group POR-8671 - Montana 1 Light Wall Sconce - Square with Flat R
$196.20 | Hayneedle
Limoges Wave Cylinder One-Light Wall Sconce
$228.00 | Bellacor
Hudson Valley Verona Modern Contempo Bath Vanity Light
Black night wall clock -14"
Origin Crafts
Nelson | George Nelson Large Cigar Lamp
Townsend 56" High Outdoor Wall Light
Lamps Plus
Blue 3528 Single Row LED Strip Light 120/m 10mm wide 5m Reel
Bassett Mirror Pan Pacific Tybee Wall Mirror
Beyond Stores
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™