LALaneFebruary 15, 2005

I am hoping that someone can offer some guidance for me on this question. I need to place a machine railing or a set of bollards in front of my furnace and water heaters in my garage.

Since this is a house and not an industrial or commercial site, is there any thing out there that you know of that looks better than these things? Has anyone out there had a sheet metal manufacturer make one for them or do you know of an attractive alternative?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Bollards are posts that are used in a garage to prevent somebody from driving a vehicle into a fuel using or storing appliance. Here in MA, we generally sink a 4" steel tube in the ground befor pouring the floor and fill it with concrete. You want something strong, and I don't think sheet metal would cut it with the inspectors I know.

    Bookmark   February 16, 2005 at 1:37PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
metal lathe advice
I am hoping to be able to machine a few small aluminum...
Problem with SCALANCE X101-1 and Cisco Switch ?
I really don't know what do this happen when i try...
Help - Cast Aluminum furniture cracks (Pic)
Hi, (Cross posted originally on decor forum and posting...
Copper bar top
I'm planning to use copper sheeting to finish my basement...
change bolt lock on inside of door but not out?historical sort of
Hi. We bought an old house and are changing all of...
Bridget Helm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™