directions pls..

casey04February 1, 2005

needing info on buying,setting up,advice, etc..on a wrought iron gate with auto. opener. am i at the right place yet???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ROSCOESTAN

give us some more details of what you want and i'm sure someone can help.
what size gate ? what kind of mechanisium do you want to use? is the gate allready built?
Roscoe

Bookmark   February 6, 2005 at 9:03PM
casey04

thanks roscoe. we have decided on a 14ft single swing. i wanted the slide type but was told it had more issues later because of the chain. i have found the gate i want at amazinggates.com, camino real.i want the old rusted look since our home will have a new orleans feel. once i spec'd. out that gate, i couldnt justify that $ amount, since i dont want ornate. so, if i can find someone locally, could this gate be made cheaper? is this something we could install ourselves? does a solar panel do the job or should we use a battery? since needing at 14ft, would a double be better in the long run? im just not sure how to shop for any of this..thanks for any input and guidence that you may have..

Bookmark   February 7, 2005 at 9:07AM
kbeitz

Well you could install a couple rollers in the ground to drive your 4-wheel drive truck onto and use the power of the drive wheels connected to a gear box to open and close the gate... Then just put the truck into 4-wheel drive to use the front wheels to pull the truck off the rollers...
LOL...

Bookmark   February 25, 2005 at 9:44PM
More Discussions
Problem with SCALANCE X101-1 and Cisco Switch ?
I really don't know what do this happen when i try...
Jasmine01
soldering copper gutters
how diy-able is it to solder a copper lap joint? I...
kitchenquest
metal compatibility
I have a built in gutter on my gable roof. The gutter...
dustynight
Metal plant stands
How would you guys suggest making metal plant stands?...
caseyjones
Need help - bending a short steel pipe
Hello everyone, I need some suggestions on how to bend...
jungleman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™