Rotary table question....

kbeitzFebruary 21, 2005

I just got my second rotary table... This one has a two position knob that doesn't seem to do anything... Could anyone tell me what it's for ??? (see red arrow)

One more stupid question.... What's holding this three jaw chuck onto the table... I see no attachments anywhere...

Super glued ???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sagemouse

The knob by red arrow is probably for engaging some sort of drive. Think of a Ridgid pipe die holder. Have you taken the chuck jaws all the way out to see if there is some kind of bolt underneath. Superglue is good but not that good. Let us know what you find out......Jim

Bookmark   February 22, 2005 at 12:01AM
Konrad___far_north

I agree with Jim,
If you can't find nothing underneath the jaws, or centre, then probably rusted to the table,.... give it a good whack!
Konrad

Bookmark   February 22, 2005 at 10:48PM
blacksmithman

Does the knob change the ratio to a faster rotation of the table or disconnect it all together.

The chuck my be a threaded back type and they just rotated the chuck on to a fixed thread adapter mounted on the rotating table. Put the key into the the chuck and hit it counterclockwise.

Show us the picture of the bottom of the rotating table.

Bookmark   February 23, 2005 at 1:58PM
gooseberry_guy

That looks like a varnished wood table that it's on. Probably with gravity, and the varnish as a glue, you need a prybar to get it loose.

GG

Bookmark   February 23, 2005 at 9:00PM
john_in_ma

I'd guess it's bolted from the back of the rotary table, or possibley threaded on. That chuck doesn't seem to have through bolt holes.

Bookmark   February 25, 2005 at 6:42PM
kbeitz

Well I found one of my problems... The two position knob was broken... Cracked... Not letting it adjust... It would not release the table... I just welded it and I'm waiting for it to cool down so I can machine it to fit again...

As far as I can tell the chuck must have the tapered shaft holding it on...

Bookmark   February 25, 2005 at 9:39PM
More Discussions
Horseshoes
I have an abundance of used steel Montana horseshoes...
lilbritches1
copper roof - caulked seams instead of solder???
We recently installed a small copper roof over a porch...
alice462
Painting Galvanized Metal
What's the best way to paint galvanized metal(exterior)?...
vic99
metal compatibility
I have a built in gutter on my gable roof. The gutter...
dustynight
Problem with SCALANCE X101-1 and Cisco Switch ?
I really don't know what do this happen when i try...
Jasmine01
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™