Hinge question

tribal_1February 10, 2009

Hello Gents,

New to the forum here, lots of good information that I've seen posted. I was wondering if you all could be of assistance. I'm looking to join two pieces of round bar say about 3/4" end to end. If possible I'd like them to be able to fold up so that they are parallel on top of each other. I'd also like to be able to lock them end to end but I think I have that figured out. Just need the hinge part. Thanks in advance!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Soss Barrel hinge (AKA 'invisible') in holes bored in the end of the rod, or mill a flat and use a regular flap hinge.

The barrel hinges are on page 11.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soss Catalog

    Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 4:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Brickeyee, Thanks for the link you posted! That is a really great example of the type of hinge I was looking for. I know the catalog lists the hinge as a "light weight" application. If the hinge was made out of steel or hardened steel I wonder what the strength could be...

    Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 2:27AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Need basic information & resources re: stair rails
We need exterior stair rails and have just started...
Need help - bending a short steel pipe
Hello everyone, I need some suggestions on how to bend...
Copper bar top
I'm planning to use copper sheeting to finish my basement...
Bumper or pad for Gate Slamming?
Hi, I have a metal gate that has closed/slammed so...
Yard Art
I don't like to toot my own horn. Just wanted to post...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™