Fake wedding cake trend?

hitmarkAugust 10, 2010

In most wedding ceremonies, peoples mostly prefer artificial wedding cake, that are basically made of foam and covered with icing. And the cheep cake is ordered form a backing company to handle out the guest.. Even get pictures when cutting the cake. Has someone else observed this tendency? These all trends are for only to save wedding expenses. But it inconveniences me for some cause.

Opinion?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suzieque

Hitmark - no, I've never known such a thing and don't know where you get the idea that most people prefer fake cakes. No idea why you are asking the question or why "it inconveniences you for some cause". What's your point, and what conversation are you trying to get started? I see that you tend to start a new thread and never go back to respond to questions asked of you, and you post nonsensical responses to other people's threads. What's your story?

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 9:54AM
asolo

Good ol' hitmark. Another stimulating erudition to brighten our days and expand our minds.

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 12:06PM
nancylouise_gw

Have never heard of fake cakes at weddings. Did you make it up hitmark? This question seems more appropriate for the Wedding forum. NancyLouise

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 3:03PM
sameboat

I've heard of it. I don't know if I've seen one. Must be to save money? I think it's silly. Cut the darned cake and serve it to your guests.

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 9:49PM
dirtundermyfingers

We had a fake cake at our wedding. The top 2 layers were styrofoam and the bottom cakes were real. Not our idea but the cake makers idea.

Stacie

Bookmark   August 21, 2010 at 11:36PM
More Discussions
Why do marriages go stale?
Senario: two people in their 50+ meet, both from loveless,...
eckles
My marriage is falling apart, I don't know what to do
There is no short way to put this. I am going to include...
DistressedWife
Intimacy Issues
My wife and I married at the age of 16, we were pregnant...
feedman
Is It a Spouse's Responsibility?
My husband's relationship with some of his siblings...
Karen10125
Getting a little help from your spouse
Well, the holidays are here and as usual, I'm worn...
scarlett2001
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™