Is short term memory loss normal?

marie26December 19, 2006

For instance, I used my cell phone at a store and 5 minutes later, I thought I had left it where I used it because it wasn't in my pocket. I found it by calling it. I had put it in my purse. This sort of thing keeps happening to me, where I end up panicking for no reason. I haven't had a period since September 10 and I'm past the age (55) of when I should have started menopause.

Is this only me that this happens to or is it part of menopause? Is there anything I can take to counter this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hunter_tx

The average age of menopause, last I read, is 50 years, so are doing well not to have gone through it already. Some women do have memory loss and anxiety. I have had those problems at times, and at other times, am much better able to focus and remember things. I figure it's when my hormone levels are fluctuating. I had a partial hyst at a young age, so I have no periods to go by, but I have to rely on PMS symptoms, which are getting further and further apart in frequency.
Mrs H

Bookmark   December 21, 2006 at 5:03PM
susanjf_gw

major fact of life..sigh..

read they have a new game out for christmas, which helps we "sr's", lol, with memory...

Bookmark   December 23, 2006 at 10:32PM
marsha_organic

This might be something that will help. A lot of the problems is the nutrients that you are lacking when menopause starts, so try this drink out. It also helps with the energy loss that you get with menopause. Give the site a look and tell me what you think! Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Body Balance

Bookmark   December 29, 2006 at 3:17PM
mkroeger

YES! YES! YES! You are fine!! Gee if that's your biggest worry, you should sit back & feel good! I have to call my daughter from the video store to ask her what movies we've seen! I've also read that memory problems will resolve after a few years. Just continue using your mind & learning new things.
The best thing for you is to stay active, work out, & most of all start lifting weights - that is the single most important thing we can do for our bones!!!
I'm 51 & have been in menopause for at least 5-6 years. It's not so bad, once a year a period may sneak up, but we just trade it for a new set of symptoms.

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 8:55PM
Heathen1

Playing memory games can help... if you keep it up... takes awhile, but it does work on Mentalpause.

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 10:13PM
carla17

The sad part for me is I can't determine which is due to meno or getting old. ha ha ha, still not funny!

Carla

Bookmark   February 18, 2007 at 6:31PM
lee422

No Short Term Memory Loss is a terrible thing. I suffered a lot out of that. Then I came to know about Thoughts Become Reality and their Hypnotherapy Treatment. It really worked out very well.

Bookmark   April 29, 2010 at 2:21AM
terriks

I was just reading about this yesterday, and....
Oh, well if it's important I'll remember

Bookmark   April 30, 2010 at 3:24PM
cheerful1_gw

I'm post-menopausal, and the short-term memory loss and anxiety are frustrating the heck out of me. I just turned 55, and am really hoping things improve soon.

Bookmark   May 13, 2010 at 7:09AM
bigdogmom48

Isn't this short term memory loss annoying? My husband gets so frustrated with me sometimes. :) I read somewhere, can't remember where, sigh, that cold water Omega 3 supplements may help. I don't know if it is true.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 4:12PM
s_gray_ashbyschool_org_uk

Thanks. I am only 45 and in one week I lost my purse and then my keys. I really was beginning to think I was getting dementia but my sheets are sweaty too so I guess it is just the menapause!

Bookmark   May 20, 2011 at 3:58AM
More Discussions
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
post menopausal
Is there a board for post menopausal women or for women...
emee
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™