menopause

raiderrdhDecember 1, 2009

I"m 48 years old, on birth control pills for last 14 years and just been told that I'm in menopause following a FSH hormone test. What should I expect now that I've told to finish my pack and then stop taking the BCP's. I've had no symptoms.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter

Do not set your mind on expecting anything. If you think and wait for the worst you will surely get it. You can get a list of symptoms anywhere but why bother, just live one day at a time and don't dwell on it. Every woman experiences menopause differently. Some sail right through it with just the odd hot flash or no symptoms at all, and others have a harder time.

The best thing you can do right now is keep yourself healthy. Eat nutricious food especially milk to guard against bone loss, exercise and avoid stress. These are the things that will help you through menopause.

Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 11:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raiderrdh

Thanks for follow up note. Now I've been recommended to stay on the birth control pills thru January to get through the holidays. By not having any symptoms at the present time, all the so called menopause symptoms scare the heck out of me such as weight gain, unwanted facial hair, temperament, etc. Although I do exercise regularly, eat right most of the time and usually have a good outlook, I just wasn't expecting to hear this "news" so I guess I'll just go along with the flow and see what happens.

Bookmark   December 3, 2009 at 2:56PM
More Discussions
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™