Can Fem-HRT Cause Headaches & What To Take For Relief?

balthusDecember 20, 2001

Hi - I took my first FemHRT pill last night before bed & woke up with an awful that hasn't gone away all day. It also could be sinus but seemed coincidental since I was fine yesterday. I know HRT can cause headaches but didn't know if it would happen day 1. I took birth control pills for many years but not in the last 15 & don't remember any severe side effects.

I normally take Advil or Tylenol for headaches & they work but I saw this on another site & was afraid to take any today. Any suggestions or can I take my advil? Thanks

The following is from a medical site:

If estrogen is taken with certain other drugs, the effects of either could be increased, decreased, or altered. It is especially important to check with your doctor before combining estrogen with the following:

Acetaminophen (Tylenol)

Aspirin

Clofibrate (Atromid-S)

Cyclosporine (Neoral)

Morphine

Seizure medications such as Dilantin, Tegretol, and phenobarbital

Steroid medications such as prednisone (Deltasone)

Rifampin (Rifadin)

Temazepam (Restoril)

Theophylline (Theo-Dur)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loulou16

I took Femhrt for one year and really never had a problem with headaches nor did I ever stop taking Tylenol or Motrin when needed. I think it is too soon for the FemHRT to have that kind of reaction on your body, since you only took one pill. I have not heard that about HRT and headache medicines, but I will ask my doctor next time I visit. I have stopped all HRT now and I did have terrible headaches when I stopped. Now I am feeling better. Good luck. Lou

Bookmark   December 20, 2001 at 9:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
estera

I started taking Femhrt almost a month ago and am experiencing horrible headaches, with dizziness and nausea. I am considering stopping. I wake up with nauseating headaches and pain behind my eyes and they are very persistent. I am also out of energy most of the time. Does anyone had similar experiences?

Bookmark   April 11, 2010 at 7:59AM
More Discussions
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
post menopausal
Is there a board for post menopausal women or for women...
emee
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
dental woes and menopause
After reading some of the posts here, I feel I can...
janeinspace
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™