Night Sweats, please tell me about them

sugarchaletDecember 27, 2007

I'm 41 and for the past two years I have been having really bad night sweats starting 10 days before my period, I wake up drenched in sweat every night for 10 days. My periods are still regular, unchanged. Once my period starts the night sweats stop. My mom didn't go into menopause until she was 51, so it seems kinda early for me to be starting this stuff already. Is this normal?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hunter_tx

There's menopause, and there's perimenopause, which is the period prior to menopause. For some women, perimenopause can last for years, for others, it's barely noticed. My hot flashes have been just occasional for about 10 years, and they are mild, and don't cause sweating, just make me feel hot and kick off the covers. Some women, as you describe, have actual sweats. Hormone levels begin to fluctuate prior to actual menopause, and in some of us can cause a wide varieties of symptoms ranging from physical to mental to emotional in nature. Since yours seem to be directly related to your periods, I would assume they are from perimenopausal changes, but if you are concerned, tell your gyn about them for some professional and expert input. Welcome to the forum :) Glad to have you here.
Mrs H

Bookmark   December 27, 2007 at 7:27PM
More Discussions
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™