breast pain solutions?

kazoo123December 31, 2012

Hi, I'm new here. I am 49 and have recently entered menopause. I went off the pill in May, and was doing fine (no hot flashes!), but I started having sore breasts in November, which lasted about 4 weeks, and then I felt like I had a period (cramping), but no period appeared. After than the soreness went away, for all of two weeks. Now it is back, and seemingly worse. I feel headachy and bloated.

I am pretty frustrated because I thought that with menopause, I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore (Soreness has been a problem before periods my whole adult life). I am guessing that my body, having just recently entered menopause, is still cycling somewhat with the hormones. Having sore breasts for 4 weeks with only a 2 week break is really annoying.

Throughout my adult life, I just sort of accepted that I was sore two weeks out of every four. I never did anything about it. My questions are: what CAN be done about it, if anything? Is it normal to experience this? Why am I sore for so much longer now? Will it go away again (from May to November I was fine)?

I am always concerned about side effects. For example, I saw some supplements which worked for some women, but they seemed to have unacceptable effects, like raising blood sugar, blood pressure, or cholesterol.... all things I am not interested in raising. And nothing I saw seemed to have been confirmed scientifically.

Help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LisaHpookie

I'm going through the same exact thing...hope someone has answers for us both.

Bookmark   January 5, 2013 at 12:25PM
Ashley_Dargan

This is happen when you entered in the menopause. My mother is also suffer these kind of problem. I advised that you take some remedies for that.

Here is a link that might be useful: Natural menopause treatment

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 6:49AM
kazoo123

Well, at the moment, the problem has resolved. After a few days of extreme breast soreness, the soreness started to lessen, and on Sunday I got another 'fake period' (no bleeding) with cramps, and everything went back to normal. I feel a lot better. However, it should be noted that the two 'fake periods' were only 3 weeks apart, and if I have to go through this every 3 weeks, I am going to be a crazy person. But, I am glad the soreness lasted only 1 week this time.

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 9:21PM
More Discussions
post menopausal
Is there a board for post menopausal women or for women...
emee
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
garule
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™