Bi-est does it work

mtstormyDecember 4, 2009

I'm 50 with terrible hot flashes at night and work, has anyone tried the Bi-est hrt, and does it work? What about with the progesterine included in the tablet? Thanks a million for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_pat

For everything you need to know, read Lane Lenard PhD. and Dr. Jonathan V. WrightÂs new book, Stay Young & Sexy with Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement; it slams Wyeth and the FDA for hypocrisy regarding stance on Premarin® and Provera®.

Special attention should be given to the fact that the progestin component of the HRT, medroxyprogesterone acetate, which is branded under the name Provera, is NOT the same thing as bio-identical or natural progesterone, produced by a human body. The two are vastly different chemicals.

Provera has an additional medroxy acetate chemical group added to the original progesterone molecule. This changed the activity of progesterone into something that is not natural and, as the WHI study showed, has caused numerous side effects.

Prometrium, made by Solvay Pharmaceuticals, contains the hormone progesterone. It is structurally identical to the progesterone made naturally in the body. In fact, Prometrium is the only hormone replacement therapy medication with bio-identical progesterone that has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is sold in caps.

But the OTC hormone creams bypass the liver which is preferable

Bookmark   February 28, 2010 at 4:23PM
More Discussions
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
help me interpret the FSH numbers?
i just received my FSH results back (and though i realize...
llmoyer123
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™