Found out part of my problem

carla17December 6, 2007

I'be been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. I felt so happy I lost 42 lbs. in 8 months. It was weird, like the weight just dropped off. That is why I'm hot, irritable, and other feelings. I'm just lucky my thyroid swelled so the doc could find out. If you ladies think you have thyroid problems, please see a doctor. Bad news is after I am on meds, I should gain the weight back!!! :-(

Carla

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hunter_tx

I'm glad you found out what was going on. Remember to keep an eye on your bones. Hyperthyroidism seems to go hand in hand with osteoporosis. What meds did your doc put you on?
Mrs H

Bookmark   December 6, 2007 at 1:22PM
carla17

Hi Mrs. H. I just had the test today with the radio active pill so the doc doesn't have my test results yet. No wonder I've been so hot, my engine is heated up, LOL. I heard from the tech that I will gain every pound I lost back. If that's true, that is a real BUMMER. I lost 42 pounds. Sometimes the cross we bear gets very heavy. I already have bad arthritis in my hands. I am only 52 and have had a hip replacement too! Sorry to whine.
Thank you for the info. on osteo.

Carla

Bookmark   December 6, 2007 at 3:46PM
hunter_tx

If you modify your diet to the number of calories you need, that should help maintain your weight. Were you 42 pounds overweight, or are you underweight now? There may be a place in the middle that you would like. You're whining doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I feel right at home, lol.
Mrs H

Bookmark   December 7, 2007 at 1:07PM
More Discussions
dhea?
Hello: New to this forum. I am 49, and was on birth...
ohso99
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
grule
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™