continue thread on progesterone and help

kjimpNovember 28, 2001

Sounds like you ladies know and I am confused. So here goes. I am a young 55, in good shape (huh!) no uterus

since 25 and ovaries out about 10 years ago. I take premarin .625. Thats it!! Is it enough, will more help? I am

quite dry, no real sex drive (partly because of that!) and do not know what I need to help with both. Also the big

O is a work of art. Hubby is very patient. My DR. hough doesn't seems too interested. Been going to switch Dr.

for some incontinence help too but do not know if I need a GYN or a Urologist or just the GNC store. See if

you can give me a new start. I have been reading your forums to learn!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luisa7stars_yahoo_com

I am hypothyroid and would like to know if anyone has tried the combi-patch and what their experience with it is>

Thanks.

Bookmark   November 28, 2001 at 7:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Barbie_in_Oz

Jerri,

I haven't checked into this Forum for awhile and have only now seen your post asking those who started using progesterone cream to give an update. It's a pity that the original thread will eventually disappear because it's reached it's limit of 100 posts. A lot of valuable information will be lost when it slips off the end of Page 10.

I used AIM Renewed Balance when I first started using progesterone cream. I was quite happy with that but was convinced by posts on this Forum to try PhytoProlief. I bought three bottles of it so I gave it a very fair trial. I am now back on AIM. My hot flashes and night sweats returned when I was on the PhytoProlief so it obviously wasn't for me, although I didn't have them as often as I did when I first started having hot flashes and used nothing, which was every 15-20 minutes 24 hours a day. I haven't tried any other brand.

I use very little of the AIM, less than the 1/8th teaspoon recommended and I now use it 21 days per month. I am almost 56 and have been perimenopausal for 14 months now. I don't suffer like some ladies do though, my only symptoms being erratic periods, night sweats and hot flashes although the last two are under control now. I still have periods every 2 to 3 months. I keep thinking/hoping each one will be my last.

My friends are amazed that I didn't start perimenopause until just before my 55th birthday and that I am still having periods at almost 56. They all went through menopause in their 40's. The only difference between me and them is I had a tubal ligation at 36, I've never been pregnant and I'm a vegetarian. Whether these things mean anything, I don't know. Some people think that vegetarians live on soy but I rarely eat/drink anything made from soy. Reading the bad press it's been getting lately, I'm quite pleased that I've never liked it.

Another thing I would like to add is that I also take Promensil - one a day. This is derived from red clover. I've tried each one without the other but using both the cream and taking Promensil appears to be a good combination for me. I know everyone is different. I'm pleased I found my "balance".

Good health
Barbie

Bookmark   December 9, 2001 at 12:50AM
More Discussions
Extremely Dry Skin/Cause????
I've had terribly dry skin for several years now. It...
Dancey
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
Aches and Pains- premenopausal
I'm 44 and premenopausal grandma of 3,soon to be 4........
glammato4
Breast Tenderness
Hi Everyone, ANyone out there having continual breast...
tomato44
Sponsored Products
Winsome Bergen 3 Panel Room Divider with X Top - 94673
$114.99 | Hayneedle
Toto Nexus Elongated Toilet - CST794SF#01
$601.30 | Hayneedle
Coravin 1000 Wine Access System
$299.00 | FRONTGATE
Cosco 13 ft. Worlds Greatest Multi-Position Ladder - 20413T1ASE
$139.99 | Hayneedle
Couristan Monaco Coastal Breeze Indoor / Outdoor Area Rug - Brown / Blue - 24661
$99.00 | Hayneedle
Boss B16245 Caressoft Medical/Drafting Stool - B16245-BK
$99.99 | Hayneedle
Couristan Lagash 5518/5075 Copper-Rust Area Rug - - 55185075096130T
Hayneedle
Boston Warehouse Whale Ice Cream Spade - 63304
$15.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™