All the signs of a period but NO period! Help!

TinaLNovember 14, 2012

In the past I would always get terrible stomach/bowel issues just right before/during or after my period. I haven't had a period in 3 months now but I still get the symptoms that i am going to..cramping/bowel issues, headache and nausea during the month. Can your body still feel as if it going to get a period even if it never comes? I am 50 and obviously in the midst of this mess but my body is confusing the hell out of me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doey47

i know that exact feeling. I had "phantom" periods for 6 months after giving up the pill back in April. I had every symptom to say that my period was well on its way, cramps ,bloating, the whole she-bang, but it would just never come. 6 months later i finally got one. Just part of the FUN that comes with Perimenopause! my GYNO never once mentioned that this was a possiblity. as a matter of fact he assured me my periods would be heavy and possibly painful after giving up the pill. not that at 48 i would get thrown full into the peri situation. geez thanks for the warning! not!

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 7:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TinaL

I can't believe that not one doctor, even my OBGYN ever mentioned to me that my symptoms could be from peri/menopause. I have had insomnia,gerd and stomach issues, anxiety,itchy dry skin,the whole kit and caboodle. I have had many tests to figure this out and eventually chalked it up to perimenopause. It is unbelievable how little they know about this.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:14AM
More Discussions
Is this temporary or is my life effectively over?
I am 51 years old and I haven�t had a period...
Bubbbles
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™