Dizziness

ElsianaNovember 17, 2001

Hi......I was so glad to find this forum! I just spent 3 days in the hospital in the cardiac unit and left with a clean bill of health. I have been feeling so dizzy, almost sometimes like I'm having an out of body experience. I have had horrible burning pains in my chest and this coupled with the dizziness made me go to the hospital. They told me I have the heart of a 35 year old and I am 52. I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago but left the ovaries, so I have no way of knowing if I am in menopause or not. I have been getting hot and cold flashes and thought they were anxiety attacks. They don't come at night but during the day. My doctor gave me Xanex. I take it on a as need basis and it does help but due to the nature of the drug, I don't want to continue it. I have seen that a number of you take femHRT. I'm going ask my doctor to first determine if this is menopause related and then see if I can try the drug. I also have thinning hair and noticed that when I exercise, I feel better. Who knows!!! But it was comforting to read all your letters, and I feel much less anxious about this now and not like I am going to die at any moment.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
framboise

Your doctor can determine, to some extent, whether or not your ovarian output is peri-menopausal by testing your FSH level. You might discuss having that done.

Bookmark   November 25, 2001 at 7:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leighkeel_yahoo_com

FSH levels are so inaccurate that many women are found to be post menopausal years before their periods end, based on the results of the test, and many others are found to be reproductive years after their last periods based on the results of the same tests.

Bookmark   November 25, 2001 at 8:18PM
More Discussions
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™