Slower Urine Flow in a 41 year old female

Karen72November 22, 2013

Not sure if I am approaching perimenopause, but I've had a couple of disturbing symtpoms, one being a slower urine flow and a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder. The other is more frequent yeast infections(never had one before the age of 40, now I get them monthly after my menstrual). Can anyone relate?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

Meds can cause you to retain urine. I was prescribed a couple that caused that and I would not take them. I just read that Melatonin, the sleep aid can cause it.

I would suggest Googling your meds for side effects if you take any.

Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 9:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eccentric

Yes. I think you need to see your doctor - and perhaps have a cysto done - (not pleasant). They will need to rule out urethritis or urethral syndrome (the syndrome unfortunately presents the same - but you do not have an infection - just all of the same issues - trust me on this - I know...). Antibiotics can cause it - or you could have a UTI - that must be treated before you end up with a kidney infection. I have had this condition all of my life - had nothing to do with peri-menopause or later menopause. I am also very acidic.

Bookmark   December 20, 2013 at 1:20PM
More Discussions
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
Is this temporary or is my life effectively over?
I am 51 years old and I haven�t had a period...
Bubbbles
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
dental woes and menopause
After reading some of the posts here, I feel I can...
janeinspace
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™