My hormone levels

cheerful1_gwNovember 2, 2007

Just got the bloodwork back. My FSH is 103, my LH is 29.5, and my Estradiol is 22.

Not sure what this all means. Trying to get a hold of my GYN, but if anyone knows how to decipher this, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lobsterbird

cheerful1, I have an appt. tomorrow with my dr. to review my bloodwork. I plan to ask lots of questions, esp. what my levels mean, what the "normal" range is, etc.. We'll be having the HRT talk, too. I'll report back.

Tina

Bookmark   November 6, 2007 at 10:01PM
cheerful1_gw

I appreciate that. My GYN appointment is next week. I'm curious to know what different doctors have to say about HRT. I really want my quality of life to improve over what it is now.

Bookmark   November 7, 2007 at 7:59AM
lobsterbird

cheerful1, I met with my dr. yesterday. We talked about many things, and she said she would give me a copy of my test results so I didn't write them down at the time she was telling me. In the end, I walked out of there without it. Brain dead, I know! Anyway, I remember the FSH was 113, the estradiol was 42, but I don't remember the LH. Basically, what she told me was, my FSH is high and that indicates I am near menopause. Since my estrogen is at 42, that meant my ovaries were still functioning at some level. Given those numbers, she estimated that I would be in menopause in 12-15 mths. She said when my estrogen dropped lower, I'd probably be back complaining of hot flashes. I am getting some other tests before we talk HRT.

Bookmark   November 8, 2007 at 12:04PM
cheerful1_gw

Thanks, Tina. Based on what your doctor said, my ovaries are functioning less than yours. I get wicked hot flashes, among other symptoms. I'll let you know what my doctor says after my visit next Tuesday.

Bookmark   November 8, 2007 at 1:07PM
cheerful1_gw

Went to my GYN yesterday with a list of symptoms. She walked in and said "you have a list!", and laughed. I said I had to write down my litany of what's going on. She prescribed HRT called Activella. I Googled it, and found that it's a plant-derived estrogen, and a plant-based progestin. I'll be on it for 6 months, then go back to her. I also have to get a sonogram to check my uterine lining.

She said to me that a lot of her patients come in with these symptoms, thinking they need to see a psychiatrist. While HRT is a personal decision, she sees improvement in her patients.

Bookmark   November 14, 2007 at 6:57AM
More Discussions
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
grule
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™