Well, this is annoying

cheerful1_gwNovember 6, 2006

Was diagnosed as being in menopause last year. Had regular cycles until this past May; then 3 months went by without a period; then they came back; I now have had my second period in two weeks. Is this what menopause is about, or is it something I have to worry about?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carleychristine

You should always keep your doctor informed about any changes you are experiencing but in my opinion and experience with this, yes this is unfortunately another one of the lovelies LOL we can look forward to during menopause.
my own experience with sparatic periods has spanned almost three years now and my doctor told me before and again just last week that until I have gone at least a whole year without one then it may still continue. I'm up to 97 days without one now but had two regular periods in a row just before that. If you are experiencing any other uncomfortable symptoms such as hot flashes, loss of memory, extreme fatigue and so on you could e-mail me at carleychristine@hotmail.com and I would be happy to share with you how I have found Sooooooo much relief!

Bookmark   November 7, 2006 at 2:37PM
cheerful1_gw

I called my doctor. She wants me to go for a pelvic and a trans-vaginal sonogram this week, then come in and see her. She will squeeze me in (otherwise I'd have to wait until April for an appointment).

Bookmark   November 13, 2006 at 6:53AM
cheerful1_gw

My sonograms were normal. She told me to keep track of my cycles for the next four months. If I'm still getting periods after four months, she wants to do a biopsy. I just got one today (again, a week and a half after the last one finished). Yuck.

Bookmark   November 21, 2006 at 10:18AM
marie26

Cheerful1, I'm glad the sonograms turned out okay.

I have a question and didn't want to start a new thread since it's on the same subject. I am 55 and was regular until 3 months ago when I had my last period. Am I supposed to call my doctor? I saw her last March for my regular gyn physical. Can I wait to see her in March and does it make a difference whether or not I get a period before then?

Bookmark   November 22, 2006 at 5:55PM
More Discussions
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
grule
Is this temporary or is my life effectively over?
I am 51 years old and I haven�t had a period...
Bubbbles
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
grule
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™