Gatorade? Really?

larryunoNovember 9, 2008

My wife doesn't speak english, but is suffering menopause, so I am learning. She and a friend are going thru the experience at the same time, and both are convinced gatorade alleviates. I guess it's the local home medicine vine, but if it's effect is more than placebo, then I guess it is mineral insufficiency that needs be overcome. Potassium? Magnesium? Sodium? Any clues here?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

I've never heard of that. I fear all the sugar in that drink could worsen symptoms. Maybe it is the electrolytes?? If it works.....then great!

Bookmark   November 9, 2008 at 10:50AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wanda9fl

Yup....I found that if I'm having those strange feelings that wake me up in the middle of the night (sort of like low blood sugar or something) drinking some gatorade does the trick. I swear by it. My doctor doesn't understand it, she says gatorade really doesn't have alot of sugar in it.

Menopause is so complex, that most of it you can't explain. My take on it is...because of the erratic hormone levels(insulin being one) your body is not utilizing or over utilizing the sugars needed for proper functioning. That makes for erratic swings. I've given thought to the electrolytes, minerals, etc. and gave up. I'll probably never know why, but I make sure to have gatorade in the house at all times.

Bookmark   November 11, 2008 at 8:37AM
More Discussions
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
help me interpret the FSH numbers?
i just received my FSH results back (and though i realize...
llmoyer123
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™