Bulging abdomen

barbaraNovember 25, 2001

I read somewhere on this site, but can't find it some suggestions on using the Ab glide or some other exerciser to help reduce bulging abdomen. Since my hysterectomy by abdomen has "grown" does anyone know what would help with this or know anything about the different abdominal exercisers that are out there?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Peggy_mypad_com

I have the "bulging belly" problem too since my hysterectomy. I had done plenty of reading and research, and I have drawn my own conclusion, which is just my opinion, it's a natural part of aging, combined with the surgery. My body is no longer as young and able to go back to the former flatness. I have had 3 pregnancies, and with each, I kept some of the roundness. Seems like I should have gotten smaller around since everything was taken out, but that wasn't the case. I would be cautious about abdominal exercisers, maybe some doctor-recommended exercises might be helpful. I have learned to live with my body, not perfect, but healthy, and I feel so much better after having the hysterectomy four years ago.

Bookmark   November 27, 2001 at 6:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JoanH

Hi Peggy

I also thought that when I had my hysterectomy my abdomen might be flatter after removal of large fibroids. Well it probably was for a short time but then applied itself to doing just the opposite.

However now with having lost over a stone in weight things are looking better. There's more to come off yet but at least its happening.

The moral of the story for we who have had hysterectomies is that there's still no free lunch! If you want a flatter stomach weight loss and exercise still rule once recovery from surgery is complete.

I'm now more than 2yrs from my operation so I can do abdominal exercises with no worries but I would urge those ladies who might have had more recent surgery to be careful and wait until you are 100% healed again.

Regards
Joan

Bookmark   November 27, 2001 at 8:30PM
More Discussions
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Extremely Dry Skin/Cause????
I've had terribly dry skin for several years now. It...
Dancey
Sponsored Products
Casual Elegance Forged Brass Cup Pull
Signature Hardware
Corbett 3-Drawer Dresser - 1175059002
$859.99 | Hayneedle
Double Burger Mold
$10.99 | zulily
Magma Low Voltage Matador Red Mini Pendant
$339.99 | Bellacor
Magma Low Voltage Teal Crackle Mini Pendant
$339.99 | Bellacor
Westinghouse Lamp Shades 8-1/2 in. Handblown 3/4 Frosted Chimney with 3 in.
$6.97 | Home Depot
Westinghouse Lamp Shades 10 in. Handblown Clear Chimney with 3 in. Fitter and
$5.97 | Home Depot
Remer by Nameeks 315FO Handheld Shower Head - REMER 315FO
$28.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™