All aboard the heathy diet and exercise train!

lobsterbirdNovember 16, 2007

I could really use some support in getting motivated and staying motivated to improve my diet and exercise. I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow, but I will have the time and opportunity to walk and do some stretching exercises daily. I'll also be able to prepare some healthy meals since there will be more down time. I figure if I start with small changes, I can get into a groove without overwhelming myself. I want to work on creating a more healthy lifestyle, gaining proper nutrition habits that will help with mood, energy, and sleep. I wouldn't mind toning and building muscle, but I'd be happy if I just got moving! Also, I'd love to learn how others have changed their diet to cope with perimenopausal symptoms.

Anyone want to join me? We can check in for support and see how everyone's doing.

Tina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
taft

Tina, I'm here to give you encouragement and support! :)

I have made changes to my diet over the last few months and it has drastically improved my peri-menopause symptom's. I'm also forcing myself to get to bed by 10:00 if it is at all possible. I am getting more rest, eating healthier by cutting out caffeine, processed foods and sweets, eating less red meat and more fish, eating more vegetables and fruits.

This has worked wonder's for me. I now have the energy to exercise again and to just start living my life normally once again. I just hope it lasts!!

Bookmark   November 17, 2007 at 9:59AM
More Discussions
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™