Strange, but Good

zoewolfNovember 1, 2007

I am 53 and peri-menopausal. Started having mini-hot flashes maybe a year ago. For the last 6 months or so, the hot flashes would normally only occur at night when I went to bed. Now the strange, but good thing that "hasn't" been happening for the last few months. No hot flashes whatsoever. No problem waking up drenched in sweat. Now I am not complaining -- duh -- but I am really cusious as to why???

The only thing that I have done different is excessive exercising, resulting in a 30 lb. weight loss in the last 3 months. (I am 5'5" and now weigh 105 lbs.) Has anybody else experienced something similar due to exercise?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

I've never had the problem of exercising too much....hahahaha.....but when my daughter is really involved in sports, she quits having periods. I think it can really affect your hormones. I'm not exactly sure how. And I'm not sure if it just postpones the hot flashes, or its a good way to pass the time until they naturally pass. But I'm glad its working for you! But aren't you losing a little too much weight?? Please be careful.

Bookmark   November 1, 2007 at 1:28PM
More Discussions
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™