Pets and Menopause?

pinkys_lifeOctober 7, 2006

My dog is getting old. She is around 9 years of age and she is "fixed". I know this might be the wrong forum for this question but I want to know if anyone with pets can explain if menopause could be the cause of my poor girl's recent problem.

Her rear legs have gone near paralyzed and she is only slowly building up the muscle to stand again. The vet's assistant we believe hurt her on a visit quite a few weeks back. The Vet denied any responsibility blaming a degenerative disorder that a neurologist later disproved. Nobody can tell me why my baby has lost her legs. She is almost able to stand again, but she still drags over half the time. I worry that her hormones might be affecting her healing. You can see her page at the link below marked "Pinky's Page" where you can see pictures of our little baby and her poor legs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinky's Page

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Heathen1

I don't think dogs get menopause as they can pretty much bear puppies till they pass on. I have no idea what the problem is, but I have a friend who had a cat that had the same problem, and she spent major $$ trying to figure out what the problem was.... they never found it. He eventually looked like a cartoon bull dog, huge front shoulders to compensate for the weaker legs. I am sorry... it's awful for your baby to be injured! I don't think suing would do anything, you have to be able to PROVE that the vet did it.

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 9:24PM
More Discussions
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™