What do hot flashes actually feel like

zoezoeOctober 21, 2006

I just turned 52 yrs. old last week and am peri-menopausal. My last period was a few months ago. However, I have begun getting these really warm sensations (usually at night, and usually only on the back of my neck). It will last for about 45 seconds, but it's not like I am dripping with sweat or anything.

Could this just be a preclude to the infamous "hot flashes"?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
noinwi

Sounds like how mine started. Heat up the back of my neck, enveloping my face, then the rest of my body would get clammy. I didn't sweat heavily. I called them "moisties". They didn't last long, but the frequency increased over time until I wasn't getting much sleep. That's when I started to try various remedies, and eventually after a few years ended up on HRT for full out hot flashes.

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 6:00PM
Heathen1

some times I get that... some times I just sweat like the temperature suddenly jumped 30 degrees. My night sweats are just sweaty... not the heart pounding things that some people get. I don't even feel really hot.

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 6:43PM
thetews

At night my whole body starts sweating and I feel incredibly hot all over. During the day I feel it mostly in my face and my face sweats like crazy. What a PITA when I'm at work talking to co-workers and I'm constantly wiping the sweat off my face.

Bookmark   November 14, 2006 at 7:15PM
cjti

Black Cohsh is the best thing to take for hot flashes. I suffered with them for many years. My husband pushed me to talk to my doctor about getting something to help. On this web site I found that other women were taking Black Cohosh. I tried it and I saw a differance in a couple of days. If I do not take Black Cohosh for a couple of days the hot flashes come back. It is a God send. It works. I get it from a drug web site and buy one bottle and get two free. It is much cheaper than Walmart prices. I also take a product called Flash Fighters for the other problems like mood chanhges. Both togeter works for me.

Mary Ann

Bookmark   December 3, 2006 at 8:31PM
hunter_tx

I have a friend who turns red in the face and sweats profusely. I just feel warmer than usual, and my face flushes (kind of like when you're a teenager and feel embarrassed). I don't usually sweat at all, except I occasionally wake up early in the morning, throwing the covers off, and slightly sweaty. I think it really varies from one woman to the other.
Mrs H

Bookmark   December 4, 2006 at 3:12PM
jannie

I wake up at night feeling sweaty,so much that I start to get chills. Then I change into a dry nightgown to get warm again. I always fall back asleep again quickly.

Bookmark   December 11, 2006 at 6:57AM
More Discussions
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
Aches and Pains- premenopausal
I'm 44 and premenopausal grandma of 3,soon to be 4........
glammato4
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Sponsored Products
Parkview Russet Bronze Convertible Bowl Pendant
$196.60 | Bellacor
Marilyn Wall Sconce by AXO Light
$946.80 | Lumens
TRIBECCA HOME Fairytale Victorian Princess White Twin-size Bed and Nightstand
Overstock.com
Cubed Ottoman in Blue
$149.99 | Dot & Bo
Walters modern sectional sofa
Interior Define