54 yrs of age-menopause over-now want a baby

michelecoitOctober 28, 2006

Hiyas

I'm Michele and am now 54 yrs old. People say I only look 30 but that doesn't affect my body condition. I divorced my ex-husband in 2000. I have now met the love of my life but he is only 34yrs old. We have been together 5 1/2 yrs. He says he loves me and children are secondary to me but I think it's quite an issue with him as he doen't want to hurt my feelings so doen't discuss it but I often see him looking wistfully at other children.. Nothing would give me more pleasure than producing a child of his own as our relationship is idealistic. Can anyone out there help? I don't know where to start; what tests, drugs etc. All I know is come heaven or earth I WILL give my Jason a child of his as soon as I'm able :)

Here is a link that might be useful: About Me

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Heathen1

never second guess someone... he says it isn't an issue... you'd better not do it... I have learned this the hard way. If he wasn't children, he should say so... I can't think of anyway nice to say this, but you should have learned this by now... sounds like YOU want a child... or you are getting rather scared to keep a younger man. I see so many holes in this story that it's scary....

Bookmark   October 28, 2006 at 4:35PM
Heathen1

You know, responsible parenting is when you get together WITH the father and discuss this sort of thing... raising a kid... the future etc. It's NOT suprising your much younger boyfriend with your ability to propagate. That's what young teenagers do... I know that nowadays just wanting to have a baby is a good reason to have one... but really... you are old enough to know better.

Bookmark   October 28, 2006 at 5:13PM
susanjf_gw

and on your site you say he's gone? a child won't bring him back...

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 8:08PM
michelecoit

No, Ive just updated my site lol!

When I listened to the advice of others I decided against having a child - when I told Jason he felt he couldnt stay with me as he wanted a child so much. I call it shallow love after 5 years, so I said goodbye to him and hoped he found happiness. So don't worry, the child business is over and I certainly won't be getting into another relationship with that young a person lol!

Thanx for your advice - it certainly opened a can of worms which I'd rather go through now then much later
Hugs
Michele

Here is a link that might be useful: A Touch of Poetry

Bookmark   November 4, 2006 at 7:34AM
Elly_NJ

Good luck, Michele.

Bookmark   December 3, 2006 at 3:51PM
More Discussions
Breast Tenderness
Hi Everyone, ANyone out there having continual breast...
tomato44
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
Aches and Pains- premenopausal
I'm 44 and premenopausal grandma of 3,soon to be 4........
glammato4
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Sponsored Products
Orleans Outdoor Side Table in Biscayne Finish, Patio Furniture
$595.00 | FRONTGATE
Ivory Helix Glam Wool Rug
$29.99 | zulily
Cream Bell Shade Dark Bronze Plug-In Swing Arm Wall Lamp
Lamps Plus
Majestic Elegant Cut Crystal Black 42 Light 75-in Chandelier
Bellacor
Authentic Models Sopwith Camel Model Airplane - Large - AP502
$675.00 | Hayneedle