irregular periods

Heathen1October 1, 2006

Okay... since I have horrible PMS, and like most women, feel that once you've actually started Perimenopause, you just want it done. Well...I just had my first irregular period last night. I mean, it's a full on period, and I just had a full on period on the 17th of September. I was WONDERING why I had a craving for chocolate! :D

Is this a sign that the end is near??? Please please please let it be so! :D

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

Since July, my full periods have been getting closer and closer. Three weeks apart,then two, now I've had three within 5 weeks. And I had no bleeding at all from January to April. My doc says it's "normal" for perimenopause. I'm sick of wearing napkins.

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 6:13PM
Heathen1

:D I just went out and bought some napkins... no unpleasant surprises in nice clothes.... almost as bad as when I was a teenager!

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 9:24PM
cheerful1_gw

Since May, I had 3 months in a row without a period, then 2 months with periods 4 weeks apart, now I got one 2 weeks after the last one. According to the bloodwork I got last year, I'm in menopause. Doesn't make sense to me.

Bookmark   November 8, 2006 at 11:29AM
sharli

Hello, everyone, I'm new here and came looking for this very reason! I was told I am perimenopausal about a year ago (at age 45), but nothing was really bothering me other than my periods getting lighter. I have had this month, for the first time, two periods, two weeks apart. So...once this happens, will it continue to happen or is it an every once in a while thing? Puleeze say it's only sometimes!

Bookmark   December 5, 2006 at 6:07PM
mrs.micki

I just had a half a day period and none the month before.The cramps were like being in labor all over again.Hopefully it won't be a red christmas with lots of pain.

Bookmark   December 12, 2006 at 12:44AM
cheerful1_gw

I'm so tired of being all over the map. I just got my period yesterday, 4 weeks after the last one, which was just spotting. The cramps were so bad I wanted to die. Still extremely uncomfortable. My doctor told me in November to wait 4 months; if I was still bleeding after that, I should come in for a biopsy.

Bookmark   December 18, 2006 at 8:15AM
cheerful1_gw

Same story, different day. Just got it, 3 weeks after the last one.

Bookmark   January 8, 2007 at 9:32AM
More Discussions
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
grule
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™