Fruit pizza crust

lazycookAugust 12, 2014

Re shortbread type crust for fruit pizza in tart pan. Since I won't have time to prepare the crust until 3 days before I put the topping on, trying to decide if I should (1) bake it and freeze until ready to put topping on OR (2) prepare the crust, freeze it, and then bake right before I use it. Which would be best?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suzieque

Hi, lazycook. The one I make has a shortbread crust, too.

I'm curious, though. You say you won't have time to make the crust until 3 days before you put the topping on. Do you mean that you won't have time to make it the actual day that you're going to put the topping on, and have to make the crust 3 days in advance?

If that's what you mean, I think that I would just make and bake the crust and then cover it well with foil. Think of it as just shortbread cookies. They'd certainly last 3+ days without being frozen, right?

Suzieque

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 2:45PM
lazycook

Thanks Suzique. You're right, it'd just be like a shortbread cookie. What kind of glaze do you use?

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 7:38PM
Islay_Corbel

This base keeps really well in an air-tight tin for days and is tasty and light for fruit.
200g plain flour
175g ground almonds
175g golden caster sugar
200g cold butter, diced
1 egg yolk

Put all the ingredients except the yolk into a food processor and pulse til like breadcrumbs. Then add the yolk.Press temix into your tart tin and press down - makes a quite thick layer.
Put it in the freezer for 20 mins, then bake for 20 to 30 mins intil it's nice and biscuit-y.

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 3:26AM
More Discussions
More Sourdough Discard & Baker's Kaffeeklatsch
We left off at Troisième I haven't had time and...
plllog
What's Your Favorite Meal? To cook, to eat, to repeat...
Celebrate the continuation of the forum, and tell me...
plllog
How to make Crown Roast?
DH has invited 5 coworkers and their spouses to dinner...
dancingqueengw
Not your average refrig contents....
Tartine bakery is one of the local San Francisco icons:...
jakkom
Another Record: $4.235 Per Pound for Ground Beef
I read this headline in a recent cnsnews.com article....
grainlady_ks
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™