4 years of no periods, now hot flushes

SA2013October 27, 2013

4 years ago, I had a huge fibroid removed (about the size of a football...doc said I looked about 5 1/2 months pregnant).
From that day I have not had a period. I did not have a hysterectomy. I am 52 years old and have all of a sudden started very severe hot flashes day and night...at least 10 times per day if not more.
Has anyone else had this experience, and if so, is it menopause or adrenal stress and what are you doing to combat it?
Help needed especially when I am in those darn meetings, and I look like I am blushing for no reason...embarrassing.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MILfromHeck

This sounds like a question for your doctor, given your medical history. However, assuming that it IS menopause (you're the right age for it), I offer you my sympathy. "Private summers" were frequent for me; I am a college professor and my students thought it was amusing to see me take my suit jacket off and put it back on again 10 times in a two-hour class.

Some women on this forum have found relief with black cohosh. (If you do a search with the search field at the bottom of this page, you'll find the posts.) It didn't help me, but time did. It was pretty awful for about 4 years, but time has helped quite a bit.

I hope you find a way to cope! Getting older isn't for sissies! Oh, and two tips: Dress in layers, it really helps, and get a fan for your bedroom. A moving river of air over the bed will help you recover from the hot flashes much more quickly.

Bookmark   October 27, 2013 at 2:48PM
More Discussions
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™