4 years of no periods, now hot flushes

SA2013October 27, 2013

4 years ago, I had a huge fibroid removed (about the size of a football...doc said I looked about 5 1/2 months pregnant).
From that day I have not had a period. I did not have a hysterectomy. I am 52 years old and have all of a sudden started very severe hot flashes day and night...at least 10 times per day if not more.
Has anyone else had this experience, and if so, is it menopause or adrenal stress and what are you doing to combat it?
Help needed especially when I am in those darn meetings, and I look like I am blushing for no reason...embarrassing.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MILfromHeck

This sounds like a question for your doctor, given your medical history. However, assuming that it IS menopause (you're the right age for it), I offer you my sympathy. "Private summers" were frequent for me; I am a college professor and my students thought it was amusing to see me take my suit jacket off and put it back on again 10 times in a two-hour class.

Some women on this forum have found relief with black cohosh. (If you do a search with the search field at the bottom of this page, you'll find the posts.) It didn't help me, but time did. It was pretty awful for about 4 years, but time has helped quite a bit.

I hope you find a way to cope! Getting older isn't for sissies! Oh, and two tips: Dress in layers, it really helps, and get a fan for your bedroom. A moving river of air over the bed will help you recover from the hot flashes much more quickly.

Bookmark   October 27, 2013 at 2:48PM
More Discussions
Natural supplements for menopause?
Hello I was wondering if there are any naturals to...
Leslie810
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Sponsored Products
Milano Roman Silver One-Light Silver Shade Swarovski Elements Wall Sconce, 5W x
$504.00 | Bellacor
Felina Flushmount
Lightology
Satellite Chandelier
Design Within Reach
Red Embroidered Silk Shade 3x5x4.25 (Clip-On)
$49.91 | Lamps Plus
Chrome Wall Mounted Towel Ring
TheBathOutlet
49" Granite Vanity Backsplash
Signature Hardware
Artek | Stool 60, Mike Meire Anniversary Edition
YLiving.com
Elk Lighting Georgian Court 6 Light Chandelier in Antique Bronze & Dark Umber &
Beyond Stores
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™