Is this what hot flashes are?

marie26September 7, 2008

I seem only to feel hot after I exert myself in any way (such as taking groceries into the house). Does anyone relate to this or does this have nothing to do with hot flashes?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
western_pa_luann

not hot flashes... you are EXERTING yourself!

Bookmark   September 15, 2008 at 7:27PM
lacombe

Hi marie26, believe me, you'll know when your having a hot flash, you could just be sitting and reading a book,and bang, here it comes out of no where, I have one of those paper fans that you can fold up, it sure comes in handy, and a small hand towel too, it helps.Some hot flashes are worse then others, I notice if I eat anything spicy or sweet, just a few minutes after that, I'm feeling it,so I know to stay away from spicy foods and sweets, which is soo hard.

Bookmark   September 21, 2008 at 12:38PM
kamayra

At first, the way I recognized them the most is that they don't only come quickly, but disapear quicly. When it's exertion or comming out of a hot room (even a sauna) my "cool down" is alot slower. With hot flashes, when they go away, they're gone, that's all.

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 7:24AM
auntjen

Oh, yay. I'm getting them. ::sigh:: Mine come quickly and disappear quickly too - except at night, where they seem to be prolonged a bit. I can tell exactly when it's a hot flash, because the first sensation that I feel is sort of a prickly awareness in my skin, especially in my face and neck/chest. I know that my skin then begins to redden, and I almost always break out into a sweat. This is intensified when I drink caffeinated beverages, but I'm not willing to give up my morning tea quite yet!

Bookmark   October 13, 2008 at 3:44PM
More Discussions
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Ten months w/o a period, then WHAM! It's baaaack! Grrrrr
I thought SURE I was gonna get my menopause badge in...
sooz
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™