talk to me girls!

ponderinstuffSeptember 2, 2003

How do we know when we are in peri or in meno?

I was told by one doctor (when I had to have a bunch of tests for other stuff) that my estrogen was low. Then I went to the OBGY doc and she said the hormone test the other doc took was not accurate because I need to have the bloodwork done on the third day of my cycle. That was four months ago, and I haven't had a period...they have been irregular for the last two or three years, but only about 2-3 weeks late.

I am getting such bad hot flashes I can hardly stand it. It has been very hot in my area and I am extremely tired. I am on thyroid meds and it is normal by recent tests.

Please...I'd love to hear what you are doing. Is the only difference between peri and meno that the cycle ceases?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bulldinkie

They claim you go through premeno for 10 years before you are actually in menopause.Im 48 I had a hysterectomy I felt bad for years Im just now starting to feel descent.Get a good book and read it.My gyn gave me one it explained alot. some women committed suicide thought they had some dreaded disease. It was menopause.

Bookmark   September 14, 2003 at 10:47PM
More Discussions
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
dental woes and menopause
After reading some of the posts here, I feel I can...
janeinspace
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™