The sun

Heathen1September 6, 2006

I live in California... I am a native.... and all of a sudden I found that with perimenopause, I am now allergic to the sun! At first, I thought it was something totally different, but now I've run into 3 other people who've had the same problem... hives from the sun. :o( anyone else out there with this problem?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandmapoo

heathen1, did you see a dermatologist? Did you find out what you can do to help?
My husband is alergic to the ultraviolet rays and gets a terrible itchy rash and all they told him was to wear protective clothing and sunscreen and use a hydrocordisone cream for the itch. It really prevents it for him.

Bookmark   September 13, 2006 at 12:11PM
Heathen1

hi! No... the doc didn't know what it was.... I didn't know what it was till recently when I was not feeling well and didn't go outside and it went away! :D The minute I go out in the sun again, back it comes! I have another doc's appointment in a bit, then I can ask for a referral. Of course, then it will be fall and sun won't be a worry. :D
Oh, I always wear sunscreen, it doesn't seem to help.

Bookmark   September 13, 2006 at 3:29PM
grandmapoo

That's a bummer! How 'bout full sun block? Wearing protective clothing is a pain too. I hope there's something that you will be able to do so you can still enjoy the sunshine. Keep us posted, ok.

Bookmark   September 13, 2006 at 4:36PM
Heathen1

Well, the rash is pretty much only on my face and neck... why? I dunno! With our 100º plus temps during the summer, I'd pass out wearing protective clothing. It's been near 100 here this week in Sacramento. I have a pool too, but I generally swim later in the day. I wonder if that, oh I am having a blank on the name of it, it used to come in colors... as a total block out would work... I might look funny with it all over my face.... but I could wear it at home.

Bookmark   September 14, 2006 at 10:21AM
More Discussions
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
Sponsored Products
Gama Sonic Path & Landscape Lights Baytown Solar Outdoor White Post Light with
$89.97 | Home Depot
Live Legends Rose Plant
$14.99 | zulily
Armen Living Vista Bar Stool - Black - 30 in. - LC4046BABL30
$265.00 | Hayneedle
Tower Quartz Heater
$39.99 | zulily
New Diamond Hand Knotted Moroccan Berber 8'x10' Modern Soft Plush Wool Rug H3648
BH Sun Inc
New Cat Condos Window Cat Perch - 110019 - BEIGE
$74.99 | Hayneedle
Outdoor Security Lighting: Defiant Alternative Energy 180 Degree Outdoor Solar
$52.47 | Home Depot
New Unique Super Kazak Runner 3x10 Hand Knotted Oriental Red & Ivory Rug H3365
BH Sun Inc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™