Hey Annie!!!!

pkramer60August 23, 2014

Looks like you are getting your 15 minutes of fame on the GW.

Check out the side bar......

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annie1992

Yes, I saw that, and I always have to grin. I almost never eat the stuff, so that's the one recipe that I'm "famous" for, LOL.

I do have to make more, though, if I ever get enough tomatoes. I'm getting half a dozen at a time, but no big pickings yet.

How are yours doing over there across the Lake?

Annie

Bookmark   August 23, 2014 at 4:26PM
momof2doxies

It is time for my annual thanks to you Annie. I just finished making my 19th and final batch for this year. I can't tell you how many graduations, baby showers, bridal showers and weddings that your recipe for this salsa has been enjoyed.
Linda

Bookmark   August 24, 2014 at 7:44PM
annie1992

Momof2doxies, I remembered that you made a LOT of the stuff, more than I usually do, that's for sure.

I did make a bunch in 4 ounce jars as wedding favors when Amanda got married, and it was a hit, a lot of people liked it better than candy.

We had salsa today for Maci's birthday party, but it was fresh, not canned, with the first of the year's tomatoes and that first fresh batch always seems the best.

Annie

Bookmark   August 24, 2014 at 10:50PM
KatieC

Much nicer than the cat-throwing-up-in-the-dryer pic, hehe.

Bookmark   August 27, 2014 at 12:22AM
annie1992

LOL, Katie, and I'm canning your chipotle catsup too, as soon as I get enough ripe tomatoes. Dang, they are ripening slowly here.

Annie

This post was edited by annie1992 on Wed, Aug 27, 14 at 10:00

Bookmark   August 27, 2014 at 9:59AM
pkramer60

Annie, I have about 3 serving trays of tomatoes but production has been low. We have had way too much rain, over 6 inches in the last 24 hours, so anything with a blush has been pulled. All 3 tomatoes. And other stuff is starting to rot again as we are soaked.

One tray became salsa this morning, so I only have 2 more to deal with. And the 7 long cukes in the fridge. If I can keep them firm until Tuesday, they may just go to the little food bank a few blocks away. They got my 5 monster zucchini yesterday.

Hoping that yours come in soon.

PS: Katie, if they would just get rid of the beetle photo...it creeps me out.

Bookmark   August 27, 2014 at 1:48PM
jasdip

If you have AdBlock Plus installed (and everyone should), you can right-click the Japanese Beetles and it will block it.

I like the other pics, but not that one, so I blocked it.

Bookmark   August 27, 2014 at 5:58PM
annie1992

Peppi, we aren't getting any rain over here, I've already been feeding the cattle hay since the pasture isn't growing. On the upside, I haven't had to mow the lawn since before 4th of July.

I picked 7 ripe tomatoes today, and one watermelon that I haven't cut yet so I don't know if it's ripe or not, I'll soon find out!

Annie

Bookmark   August 28, 2014 at 1:00AM
Monkey_Princess_101

Yeah Annie or to me (Grandma] the salsa was a hit at my moms wedding and at Maci's party people were eating as fast as you could get the chips out of the package.

*Monkey Princess*

[Makayla]

Bookmark   August 28, 2014 at 9:33AM
More Discussions
Once it was so easy..............................
To find whatever one wanted quickly. Now everything...
Robert Givens
Help me speak "mexican"
I have little familiarity with Mexican food...or the...
Annie Deighnaugh
Easter Sunday Dessert
My favorite dessert is a good home-made pound cake....
Robert Givens
What's For Dinner #337
Annie, you and Elery are doing a wonderful job on the...
ann_t
Big Weekend Ahead
Hi everyone, I'll be making Crab Stuffed Mushrooms...
moonwolf_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™