Two good things about menopause

jannieSeptember 26, 2007

Two things I can think of: 1. I'm saving a mall fortune on sanitary supplies. When I think of all the products I flushed down the toilet or threw in the trash. . . and 2. My migraine-hormone-related headaches have vanished. I'm a new pain=free woman!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheerful1_gw

I can relate to #1 - a friend told me if I had money to invest, I should invest it in companies that make sanitary products. Those places will never go out of business! I still get migraine/tension headaches. I can add a #3 - no more cramps!

Bookmark   September 26, 2007 at 1:11PM
oofasis

Jannie
My migraines abated, too! They were never described as hormone-related, but they started in my late 20s and were very frequent and usually utterly debilitating. The headaches (of migraine intensity) stopped completely once I finished menstruating.

Bookmark   September 30, 2007 at 10:20AM
shotzy52

Yeah, I dont miss making something out of nothing a week before my period started. I was lucky to have been married at the time to a man that kept up with my cycle. Because he would "mostly" not take the baiting I was dishing out. Somewhere on this website a person said "my husband said just not to give into it" Geez, if only I was aware of it, I could have saved myself and my family alot of grief. I dispise the crap we impose on ourselves.

Bookmark   September 30, 2007 at 10:41AM
jannie

I used to HATE it when men put down women for homonal feelings. If a woman cries or yells, or seems anxious, don't assume she has PMS or is "on the rag". There's a reason it's called MENopause.

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 6:14PM
auntjen

Exactly, jannie. Perhaps - just perhaps - if a woman cries or yells or "snaps", it's because the man in question is being a total horse's arse and deserves to be called on it! ;-)

Bookmark   October 18, 2007 at 12:41PM
More Discussions
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
grule
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™