Suffering

ShehadaSeptember 18, 2013

I am SOrry

This post was edited by Shehada on Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 10:26

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vjrnts

Shehada, I'm sorry that you and your partner are having this rough time. Menopause can cause all kinds of mood swings and anxiety. She's riding a roller coaster that has no "off" switch. I see that you care about her, and that you are trying to understand what this time of life brings her. (I'm assuming that your diagnosis of menopause was from a doctor, or other medical professional. She's quite young for menopause; if she is self-diagnosing, there may be other things going on.)

However. That does not absolve her for her actions. Women in menopause are affected by the hormonal storm going on in their bodies, but they are not controlled by it. They are not helpless to control their actions and their words. She is responsible for these cruel things that she is saying and doing, not you.

She may be your beacon, but you don't have to allow yourself to be verbally and emotionally abused like this. Find a counselor or therapist who can help you understand what is driving her, and where your boundaries belong. Then you can make a decision about how you want to live the rest of your life. Just remember, you can't make her act differently. She has total control over her words and actions. You can only control how you respond.

Bookmark   October 8, 2013 at 8:01AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Shehada

Vjrnts, thanks for your reply....
i guess i was an optimist by thinking the hormones are responsible for the complete change....she wasn't self diagnosed a doc did that.
thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.

some ships are meant to wander forever.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 5:56AM
More Discussions
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
dental woes and menopause
After reading some of the posts here, I feel I can...
janeinspace
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™