Prempro Withdrawal

summermistSeptember 19, 2009

Has anyone just stopped taking prempro without weening themselves off of it? I am on the lowest dosage and only take it once a day. I have been on it for 2 months now but I can't afford it. I am also afraid of some of the risk fractors like cancer. Cancer runs in both sides of my family. Out of my immediate family, I am the only one that has not had cancer. I took my last pill yesterday. I have no more and hoping that nothing horrible will happen to me. I called my doctor this week twice and never received a call back. Anyone out there been here done that?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter

I was in menopause for a 8 years and never got over having hot flashes. I went on hormone replacement--not prempro-- to try and get a handle on things. After a year I quit taking them --like you all at once and started drinking soy milk--I liked the chocolate. The hot flashes returned but not as often and gradually got less and less until they stopped.

Soy has natural plant estrogen.

I'd say nothing horrible will happen to you but you may get some menopause symptoms back.

Bookmark   September 22, 2009 at 8:24AM
More Discussions
Is this temporary or is my life effectively over?
I am 51 years old and I haven�t had a period...
Bubbbles
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™