I feel like I'm bleeding to death! Help...

don_na_naAugust 10, 2008

I am 49 years old, and don't really get hot flashes or cramps. However, I bleed way too much.

For the last 8 months or so I will bleed for a 2 week period, and if it doesn't last that long, I will start again before the month is over. I have always had a mild period that lasted around 3-4 days, but now I bleed so much that it makes me weak and very irritable (according to my family). Is this normal?

Is there anything that a person can do to lighten the periods? or take?

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Don_na_na

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eileenlaunonen

What has you Gyno said?

Bookmark   August 11, 2008 at 8:04AM
gibby2015

You need to find out what's causing the bleeding. I had that situation - caused by fibroids - it was horrible. I had a non-surgical treatment to deal with the fibroids and problem solved. Bleeding can lead to severe anemia very quickly - you should find out what's going on and what can be done about it. It seems to happen to a lot of people closer to menopause but that doesn't mean it's normal or that you should just go on living with it.

Bookmark   August 12, 2008 at 10:42PM
emmy_57

I'm 51 and have had heavy periods for about 10 years. I have had biopsies and sonograms, and been to several doctors. All results were negative. I've been told I should just live with it. However, there is a procedure where they freeze the uterine wall and that may help. I haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to wait it out--I've lived with it this long. It has to stop eventually. The last doctor suggested a low dose of Femhrt. I'm hesitant because of the side effects. I sympathize with you.

Bookmark   August 24, 2008 at 10:07PM
gerina

I think I may have joined your club. Didn't have a period since 4/1/08, then got a scant one 7/30/08, and now another one on 8/23/08 - not scant at all. In fact, I have never seen one quite like it and it's a little disconcerting. The consistency is less viscous than normal for me (probably too much info). I guess this is normal???? :-(

Bookmark   August 25, 2008 at 8:57PM
More Discussions
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
post menopausal
Is there a board for post menopausal women or for women...
emee
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™